A version of the Netcraft Anti-Phishing Extension for the Google Chrome™ web browser is now available. The Netcraft Anti-Phishing Extension is a tool allowing easy lookup of information relating to the sites you visit and providing protection from Phishing.
The Extension runs on any operating system supported by Google Chrome and displays the hosting location, country, longevity, popularity, and an abstracted risk rating for each site visited. In particular its key features are:
- Detailed site reports — simply click the Netcraft logo to access a wealth of information about the sites you visit, helping you to make informed choices about their integrity.
- Risk Ratings — we evaluate the characteristics of the site compared against those depicted by fraudulent sites. The result is a simple visual summary displayed on the site report.
- Protection against phishing sites — The Netcraft anti-phishing community is effectively a giant neighbourhood watch scheme, empowering the most alert and most expert members to defend everyone within the community. As soon as the first recipients of a phishing mail report it, we can block it for all users of the extension providing an additional level of protection from Phishing.
- Protection against cross site scripting (XSS) — The extension optionally traps XSS and other suspicious URLs which contain characters with no purpose other than to deceive.
- Conveniently report suspected phishing & fraudulent sites — At the click of the button you can report suspected web forgeries to Netcraft, helping to protect the community. Netcraft operates an incentive scheme for Phishing site submissions, including iPads, backpacks, mugs, and more... Over five and a half million phishing sites have been detected and blocked by Netcraft since the anti-phishing service was launched.
Customized versions with corporate branding and navigation are also available.
Your link here? Advertising on the Netcraft Blog